FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT E.P.I.C.
Executive coaches are qualified professionals who work with individuals, teams, and companies to help them gain awareness in themselves and those around them while helping their clients identify key goals, develop leadership and communication skills, and create exponential results. E.P.I.C. coaches become competent in their ability as an executive coach not only through the various coaching principles, but through various disciplines of one-on-one coaching, group coaching, training workshops & webinars, facilitation, and keynote speaking. For more information see the Executive Coaching Services page.
- While training clients on leadership, cultural development, communications etc., coaches simultaneously allow clients to build their decision making and problem-solving skills through inquiry. Consultants offers prescription, suggestive action plans to implement.
- A coaching dynamic becomes more of a collaboration and partnership. A consulting dynamic becomes more hierarchical (i.e. teacher-student dynamic).
- A client with their coach learns how to build their ability to lead themselves and others. A mentee tends to demonstrate their ability to follow the rules/suggestions of the consultant.
- Coaching programs are non-linear and tailored to the client's needs. Consulting programs are usually very linear and duplicatable per company policy/cultural norms.
Therapy general focused on emotional and behavioral challenges that typically stem from painful past experiences (i.e. trauma). The objective in therapy is to have their clients get to a place where their well-being in stable; they self-sufficient to survive in a healthy manner on their own. Coaching serves already well-functioning, successful people who are interested in thriving and reaching their full potential.
Phenomenology is the study of perception. Simply put, phenomenology coaching is a method by which we make sense of our experience(s) and explore the interaction between what exists and how we perceive it. This is a primary methodology of an existential approach to coaching.
The style of coaching exemplifies distinctions of the "ontology of language," also known as the "ontology of the human observer." In coaching, this is reflected through the ability to support people in achieving their goals and creating a new way of being, by addressing the different domains of their lives, work, family, relationships, etc. Though often people know what they want, they quite often either do not know how to get there or do not always know how to avoid what they do not want. In addition, people do know even know what is missing for them (i.e. they don't know what they don't know). Navigating a client through these blind spots is one of the roles of an ontological coach.
Another role of an ontological coach is to assist clients to identify and achieve whey they desire, rather than to tell them how to be or behave. This enables clients to better themselves in a multitude of ways simultaneously; they expand their possibilities and strategy skills, increase their capacity to learn, build effective and creative skills in designing their future, etc.
See the "Why E.P.I.C" page.
- For our 1.0 Training Program, you would register for our application program Reveal™.
- For our 2.0 Training Program, you would register for our program by going to our Contact Us page and checking it off.
- Reveal™ is a four to six week application program with a $2,000 investment.
- 1.0 Training Program is a six-month executive coaching training program with a $15,000 investment. *
- 2.0 Training Program is a nine-month executive coaching training program with a $15,000 investment. *
*With each program there are various payment plans we offer. Both the 1.0 & 2.0 Training Programs, the students (i.e. the trainees) are encouraged to generate results in building their own coaching practice(s) to develop their own stream of income in this line of work. While the trainees generate income, a portion of the income goes to their education to best tailor and enhance their educational programming of resources.
During both the 1.0 and 2.0 Training programs, students (i.e. trainees) are encouraged and will be equipped to start generating clients during the programming. The time frame will depend on each trainee's ability, bandwidth during the program, and overall commitment to the program. Some trainees generate a full coaching practice by the end of the program, while others generate a couple clients by the end of the program. Most professionals who are in another career/line of work while pursuing executive coaching as a career typically can take one to two years to produce a comparatively busy coaching practice.
See Harvard Business Review's take on it → Article Here
Great, we are happy to answer any other questions or inquiries you have. Please Contact Us here with any question(s) you have.